[meta-freescale] Heads up on gcc 5.X issues for meta-fsl-arm and meta-fsl-ppc

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Jul 27 14:38:15 PDT 2015

It appears that gcc 5.x is going to cause a few issues for meta-fsl-arm
and meta-fsl-ppc. Many of the remaining issues are specific to these
layers.

http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Search/?items=10&query=00957782f4dec7f39b79211e6a2a2bea6f14d2a0&limit=50

is a complete list for one of the last builds. The gcc, elfutils,
coreutils and iptables issues are resolved.

What worries me specifically are:

p1022ds:
  openssl failures (caused by patches in meta-fsl-ppc)
  u-boot-qoriq

imx28evk:
  u-boot-fslc-v2015.07+gitAUTOINC+31851bd6bd-r0

imx53qsb:
  linux-imx

imx6qsabresd:
  xf86-video-imxfb-vivante

I'm not going to send out any more mails about these, its really up the
the people involved with these layers to track this and come up with a
plan to sort this out. If we switch and things are failing with no sign
of them being fixed we'll have to take  action of some kind.

Cheers,

Richard