[meta-freescale] static ip

Diego diego.ml at zoho.com
Thu Jul 16 05:55:36 PDT 2015

> > After boot, this is what I can see with ifconfig eth0 command:
> > NO static ip is set on eth0 for inet
> >
> > eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:04:9F:03:9F:FD
> >
> >           inet6 addr: fe80::204:9fff:fe03:9ffd/64 Scope:Link
> >           UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
> >           RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
> >           TX packets:19 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
> >           collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
> >           RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:4642 (4.5 KiB)
> >
> > However, if I execute:
> > /etc/init.d/networking restart
> > everything seems to work and I can connect to static ip
> >
> > Any suggestion will be very appreciated.
> > Thank you in advance
>
> it seems like /etc/init.d/networking is not executed at boot or
> executed when bad timing.
>
> Wally

I experienced a similar timing problems some time ago, but with udhcpc, and I
think this presented before:
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/poky/2011-August/006931.html

So suggestion is to try waiting when the eth0 link is UP. I think there aren't
obvious solutions to this, but there are several options you can try.

Bests,
Diego