[meta-freescale] Image building and deployment to SMARC-sAMX6i

Heikki Sarkanen heikki.sarkanen at tamtron.fi
Thu Jul 9 02:30:58 PDT 2015

Hello Andreas and Dirk,

Nice to see other SMARC-sAMX6i users. I have also tried to ask Kontron official support for FSL Community BSP but without luck yet. I hope if there is enough of us so we may get it someday.

As I have understood there was some intention to add the FSL Community BSP support last December: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2014-December/011842.html. But when Otavio asked for some more things like support for master branch and U-boot recipe they didn't continue.

They did some experiments on March with newer meta-fsl-arm master, but for some reason they haven't released nothing more than the patch for daisy. Maybe the reason for that was this GPU performance gap between master(current fido) and dizzy branches: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2015-March/013135.html. I have done my own experiment to rebase their daisy patch on top of fido and 3.10.53 kernel. It seems to work pretty well, just waiting if Kontron comes up with official patch someday.

When you get access to their EMD Customer section you will find that PDF documentation provided with the patch is pretty good. I have found using NFS boot the easiest way to deploy the rootfs and device tree to eMMC. It is also well documented by Kontron (chapter 7.5). Also they have great support (must go through your HW supplier) for their own U-boot fork if you need to change something there. Good luck!

BR,
Heikki Sarkanen