[meta-freescale] Image building and deployment to SMARC-sAMX6i

Dirk Berar d.berar at stagetec.com
Wed Jul 8 08:27:11 PDT 2015

Hi Andreas,

I asked Kontron to contribute to the community. Unfortunately they
didn't until today. Poor.

I'll try to give you a little help from my documentation. Do the
following from scratch:

# to install the repo tool (and a bunch of other software) under Ubuntu
# 12.04 or 14.04
$ sudo apt-get install phablet-tools

$ mkdir fsl-community-bsp; cd fsl-community-bsp
$ repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fslcommunity-bsp-platform \
-b daisy

# The Kontron BSP is based on daisy. I also tried dizzy successfully.

# pull the sources
$ repo sync

# apply the Kontron Patch for SMARC-sAMX6i
$ cd sources/meta-fsl-arm-extra
$ patch -p1 < /path/to/smarc-samx6i-support-R01.00.diff

# initialise Yocto Build Environment
$ cd ~/fsl-community-bsp
$ MACHINE=smarc-samx6i . ./setup-environment [build-directory]

# start Yocto Build
$ bitbake core-image-full-cmdline

I also tried "core-image-sato" successfully. Interesting, if you have
connected a LVDS display.

To flash the Yocto image to the board, use the live media of the Linaro
based BSP (Linux_BSP_SMX6 1.2):
http://emdcustomersection.kontron.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=1164

Good luck
Dirk