[meta-freescale] iMX6 - CPU usage not able to achieve 100%

ansaris ansaris at iwavesystems.com
Fri Jan 30 05:58:08 PST 2015

Hi,

We are using imx6Q custom platform based on sabresd platform for our
development with Linux 3.10.17_1.0.0-GA BSP.

We have checked the CPU usage using "top" command.

A simple test program running on a PC shows 100% whereas the same program running on this module (compiled with different compiler, of course) shows again 25%. Now, 25% is not hard limit, I have, albeit rarely, seen it to get to 33%, as well.

Why a single core does not usually go more than 25%?

Please suggest us.  Thanks in advance.

Thank You,
Regards,
Ansari