[meta-freescale] which branch use 3.10.53 as default?

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Sat Jan 31 13:38:33 PST 2015

Hello,

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 1:14 PM, Wally Yeh <wally.yeh at atrustcorp.com> wrote:
> Hi, guys:
>     recently I'm trying switching my test branch to use
> linux-3.10.53-1.1.0_ga.
>
> my current branch is community's dizzy, after I repo sync, bitbake
> linux-imx. still 3.10.17 is build.
>
> and I follow this post:
> https://community.freescale.com/thread/338890
>
> I think maybe 3.10.53 is offer only in official yocto layer, so I follow it
> and below is my step:
> repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b
> imx-3.10.53-1.1.0_ga
> repo sync
> source ./setup-environment build
> bitbake linux-imx
>
> and still 3.10.17 is build. so now I'm a little confused how to build this
> 3.10.53 linux kernel?

Freescale when doing the release, the only kernel they update are the
one regarding the evaluation boards covered on the release notes of
the release.

The 3.10.53-ga is under review for inclusion into the community and
once this happens the 3rd party vendors will begin to update the
kernels, which will be then merged in meta-fsl-arm-extra. When this
happens you should be able to try this in master branch or when 1.8
release is out.