[meta-freescale] imx6 silent memory corruption

Nikolay Dimitrov picmaster at mail.bg
Tue Jan 27 14:35:30 PST 2015

Hi Eric,

On 01/27/2015 10:51 PM, Eric Bénard wrote:
> Hi Nikolay,
>
> Le Tue, 27 Jan 2015 22:23:15 +0200,
> Nikolay Dimitrov <picmaster at mail.bg> a écrit :
>> On 01/27/2015 07:40 PM, Gonzalez, Alex wrote:
>>> Nikolay,
>>>
>>> Assuming this is a custom board, if you are using different memory or with a different configuration from the reference designs, you may need to change the memory calibration to suit the hardware. Freescale support can provide an application note that explains how to perform the calibration over a representative sample of boards.
>>
>> Yes, this is a custom board. I've already did the DDR3 calibration for
>> this design and validated it with 48h testing with the Freescale DDR
>> stress test tool (available on the IMX Community site).
>>
> are you sure of the stability of your power supplies under loard (not
> only the memories' one) ?

Hmm, very good question. I haven't attached a scope to the voltage
rails, but that can be done easily. What would you advice for
considering as an acceptable voltage noise amplitude on the CPU rails?

Kind regards,
Nikolay

PS: FYI - my board uses 12V @ about 1-1.2A, and it's supplied by Instek
PSP-2010, which is capable of delivering up to 10A (but the protection
is usually configured for 2A as a safety precaution). The on-board SMPS
is MMPF0100, which supplies all the digital subsystems.