[meta-freescale] Audio glitch with SGTL5000

Nikolay Dimitrov picmaster at mail.bg
Wed Jan 21 15:55:30 PST 2015

Hi Fabio,

On 01/21/2015 04:59 AM, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 12:56 AM, Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, you are right. It seems I cleared the bit instead of setting it.
>> I will retest on my boards.
>
> This is interesting: just tested on a imx53-qsb and with my patch
> applied, which clears SMALL_POP I don't hear the loud click after the
> playback. With SMALL_POP set I do hear the click.

Hehe, I'm not sure that you cleared the bit actually :). I think that
with mask 0 you're not writing to the I2C reg at all - you can check
the return value of snd_soc_update_bits(), should be 0 (no error, no
value changed). But would be great if you can also monitor the I2C bus
traffic to confirm whether you really write or not to this register.

Can you try to change only the last argument and hear whether it makes
a difference, like this:

snd_soc_update_bits(codec, SGTL5000_CHIP_REF_CTRL, 1, 1);
snd_soc_update_bits(codec, SGTL5000_CHIP_REF_CTRL, 1, 0);

Regards,
Nikolay

PS: Really sorry for the delayed response, but my inet connectivity was
limited for a while.