[meta-freescale] tve settings on IMX53 for NTSC output. Kernel cmdline questions.

andrea at perpic.it andrea at perpic.it
Mon Jan 19 00:31:46 PST 2015

Hello everybody,

I'm in the beginning of my first project with this microprocessor. I'm
building a rom using yocto and fls-extras plus a layer build by me with
my software on it.

Actually I need to output a framebuffer on NTSC on a screen. I will use
directfb on there to output my program.
I tested on a IMX53QSB a simple image and it's running well on the VGA
output. Actually I'm trying to encode the video with NTSC.

I wrote on the freescale community and they asked me to put the request
also here, so if someone is reading both please sorry for the crosspost.
https://community.freescale.com/thread/338837

Actually I understood reading the docs that I can change the way the
video output works giving params on command line to the kernel. I made a
bbappend to u-boot-fslc for patching the command line options with the
one provided by me. I can confirm that the system is using my command
line catting /proc/cmdline from within the system.

My problem is that every param I set on the command line I always get
VGA output 1024x768.
Some of the tests I did was:

console=ttymxc0,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait
video=mxcdi1fb:YUV444,720P60 di1_primary
or
video=mxcdi0fb:YUV444,720P60
video=mxcdi0fb:YUV444,TV-NTSC
video=mxcdi1fb:YUV444,TV-NTSC
video=mxcdi1fb:YUV444,TV-NTSC di1_primary

I actually didn't touch the kernel, it is as provided by fsl overlay.

Any hints on how to get this working?
Any advice is really appreciated.

Thank you and best regards
Andrea

PS: please forgive any mistake, english is not my primary language