[meta-freescale] To add meta-android layer on yocto

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 03:43:55 PST 2015

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 3:43 AM, Shalini K P
<Shalini.KP at lnttechservices.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>       I have built an image for IMX6 Freescale board. How can we add
> meta-android layer on top of  meta-fsl-arm layer .

1. Git clone the external layer into fsl-community-bsp/source
2. change bblayers.conf

See [1] section to understand how to use external layers and [2] to
understand exactly how to enable it.

If you have [3], it's chapter 10, page 81

Important note. I have no idea what meta-android is and how it's going
to work together with FSL Community BSP.

[1] http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.7/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#understanding-and-creating-layers
[2] http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.7/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#enabling-your-layer
[3] http://www.amazon.com/Embedded-Linux-Development-Yocto-Project/dp/1783282339

Daiane