[meta-freescale] Audio glitch with SGTL5000

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Sat Feb 28 10:53:11 PST 2015

Hi all,

On 01/22/2015 12:52 PM, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi Nikolay,
>
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 5:49 PM, Nikolay Dimitrov <picmaster at mail.bg> wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I didn't mean that at all.
>
> No problem. I am glad you spotted the problem with the SMALL_POP bit.
> I will also check if there is an error in the SMALL_POP bit definition
> in the manual.
>
>>> This is off-topic here on a Yocto list though, so I suggest we move
>>> such discussion to the alsa-devel list which is the appropriate place.
>>

>> OK, understood.
>
> Maybe sending your workaround patch as a RFC could be a start for the
> discussion there.

I think I found the problem, and it was fixed in main-line in this
commit by Marek:

	https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/sound/soc/codecs/sgtl5000.c?id=dd4d2d6dfb49e8916064f2cb07f0ad7b32a82fb7

I pushed a 3.10.17 version of it to our Github tree:
	https://github.com/boundarydevices/linux-imx6/commit/ff27114