[meta-freescale] core-image-lsb vs core-image-cmdline-full

John Weber rjohnweber at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 07:12:05 PST 2015

On 2/26/15 7:40 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 1:21 AM, Dan Gundlach <cyclist2918 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I built and successfully booted core-image-cmdline-full, and now am trying
>> to boot core-image-lsb.  Init (sysvinit) is starting and creates /run/utmp,
>> but then either crashes or hangs.  The /sbin/init.sysvinit files are
>> different sizes in each rootfs, even though the machine configuration is the
>> same.  Why would that be?  The machine I built them for is imx6qsabresd.
>> The DISTRO in conf/local.conf is 'poky' and 'poky-lsb' respectively.  I
>> currently have no way to hook up a serial console.
> I am afraid you will need to check the changes imposed by LSB and how
> those were done in the distro. I personally not doing LSB-based
> products right now so didn't use this for a while.

Is this an active project any longer? In looking at the spec page [1] and poky
metadata history [2], it does appear to support ARM or being actively
developed.  The last update to the spec was in 2011.

[1] http://refspecs.linuxfoundation.org/lsb.shtml
[2]
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/log/meta/recipes-extended/tasks/task-poky-lsb.bb