[meta-freescale] [meta-fsl-arm-extra] 3.10.53 for SabreLite?

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Tue Feb 24 14:09:46 PST 2015

Hi Gary,

On 02/24/2015 02:57 PM, Gary Thomas wrote:
> Any hope of 3.10.53 support for the Nitrogen6x/SabreLite boards
> soon?  Graphics have been broken for weeks [in master] and I'd
> really like to get my boards back up.

I think you wanted to send this to "meta-freescale" instead of
yoctoproject.org.

There are some pre-release patches on this branch of our
Github repository:
	https://github.com/boundarydevices/linux-imx6/tree/boundary-imx_3.10.53_1.1.0_ga-pass1

They're sufficient to get displays up and running, but that's
a little quirky. In particular, the boot script support
for creating "video=" clauses in the kernel command line
don't affect the LVDS devices.

Instead, we've found it easier to use the "fdt rm" command
in U-Boot to disable the displays that aren't detected.

We are actively working on getting support for 3.10.53 in
order for our boards, but it's a bit of a slow process.

Besides the display bits, the other notable omissions are
cameras and PCIe patches.

Regards,

Eric