[meta-freescale] Advantech UBC-200

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Tue Feb 24 07:22:52 PST 2015

Dan,

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 12:02 PM, Eric Bénard <eric at eukrea.com> wrote:
> Le Tue, 24 Feb 2015 08:22:06 -0600,
> Dan Gundlach <cyclist2918 at gmail.com> a écrit :
>> It's based on the Freescale Sabre-SD.  Here's a link:
>>
>> http://www.advantech.com/products/DE3A2C28-AFBD-417D-BAD7-469CBEB34E37/UBC-200/mod_2D897381-E104-47D6-B458-F3B29546951B.aspx
>>
> from that page (and even the manual), it's difficult to say if it's
> compatible with the SabreSD.
>
> The common points are : i.MX6Q, DDR3, eMMC, GbEthernet, but :
> - if i.MX6 Quad is mounted DDR3 is 2GB when 1GB on SabreSD,
> - this doesn't tell if the ethernet PHY is the same as the one on the
>   SabreSD,
> - this doesn't tell if the peripherals are muxed on the same pins than
>   on SabreSD.
>
> So the chances to run the SabreSD kernel without any change on this
> board are very small.

I think you should get in touch with Advantech and ask them to provide
you the needed support. This mailing list is concerned mostly to
meta-fsl-arm and meta-fsl-arm-extra and your board is not support by
either. So I think you do need to get in touch with them.

Also take a look at:

http://freescale.github.io/doc/release-notes/1.7/index.html#defining-the-project-name

This explains what the FSL Community BSP is and what you can expect.