[meta-freescale] Advantech UBC-200

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 03:51:29 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 10:09 PM, Dan Gundlach <cyclist2918 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to install dizzy to an Advantech UBC-200.  It's basically a Sabre
> SD.
>
> I tried building various images, but none of them would boot unless I used
> the stock kernel (3.0.35) configuration, which I built using the Linaro
> based BSP from Advantech.  I had to make a change to the kernel
> configuration for udev-182, and was able to get it to start.  I had to
> manually create the sdcard using the scripts from the BSP.  I'm using the
> core-image-full-cmdline recipe.
>
> It looks like everything is starting except for the network.  I'm not
> getting a kernel message recognizing the network adapter.  I'm not even
> getting an ip address on the lo device.  The new kernel works perfectly when
> installed on the rescue image that I made using the BSP, so I'm baffled as
> to what the problem is.

For me, it looks like you have a kernel problem.
Using the same rootfs, you get different result when changing the
kernel, so for me the problem is the kernel.

I have no idea what is "Advantech UBC-200"
I have no idea what do you mean by "new kernel"
I have no idea why you are using 3.0.35 kernel (and which is exactly
this kernel, from top of my head I can list at least 4 providers on
this version)

And it's funny, at least once a week I have the same kind of email in
this ML. And I reply only with questions because I know if I ignore
it, anyone else is going ignore it, and one more person will feel
ignored because made the question the wrong way.

Daiane