[meta-freescale] Disk Image Size and Partitioning

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Mon Feb 23 04:17:30 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 5:53 AM, Mark Lane <mark at 2100computerlane.net> wrote:
> Thanks for all your help last week it really got me going with imx28evk. :)
>
> Quick question.
>
> Can someone point me in the direction of how to define the partitions that
> are build and go into the sdcard image?

This is handled by the class[1] and in future by 'wic'[2].

1. http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/classes/image_types_fsl.bbclass#n185
2. https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#creating-partitioned-images

The 'wic' support for i.MX is still work in progress and most of this
has been merged in master last week (Thanks for Alexandre Beloni for
the work) so for Dizzy you can easily make a custom class to do the
image for you or even use an external script.