[meta-freescale] Updates to meta-fsl-arm (dizzy) in 2015-02-13

Wally Yeh wally.yeh at atrustcorp.com
Thu Feb 19 08:41:02 PST 2015

Hi, Nikolay:
>There's one case when these patches won't be applied to your kernel -
>it's when you're working on a custom board and you're using your own
>recipe for building FSL kernel 3.10.17.
>
>You can solve this by:
>1. Place your kernel recipe in meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/linux
>alongside the Freescale's ones (not cool, but works)
>2. Copy the patches in your custom layer and enable them in your
>SRC_URI var (much better)

Thanks, you're right. I'm using my own kernel recipe.

I revert your V1 patch and apply your V2 patch directly to my kernel and
reconfigure & rebuild the kernel.
everything works fine. I test all my test program(gstreamer apps, sound
record, sound play.... etc).

this patch is way much easier than V1.  :D

Wally