[meta-freescale] display mirror Linux 3.10.53

carlos.casillas at freescale.com carlos.casillas at freescale.com
Thu Feb 12 17:05:18 PST 2015

Hello all,

Some customers are asking for how to mirror the LCD screen (LVDS) on a HDMI display.
I have reached and I found many references about enabling a secondary frame buffer and then a echo and dd on it; however, the secondary screen is corrupted (has a different resolution). When using two LVDS screens, the secondary screen is shown properly, but just the frame shown when the dd command was called is printed.

Does anyone know how to dynamically "clone" the primary screen (LVDS) on a HDMI display (either on boot time or user space)?

Thanks in advance!
/Carlos