[meta-freescale] Trouble with i.mx28evk

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 07:43:12 PST 2015

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Mark Lane <mark at 2100computerlane.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 6:43 PM, Mark Lane <mark at 2100computerlane.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks I was actually looking for a longer list of what options I would
>> have there.
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 5:47 PM, Daiane Angolini <daiane.list at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>>  I should be very crazy, because I see a lot of people developing linux
>>>  kernel in a windows machine O.O
>>>
>>>  Something I think is completely infeasible.
>>>
>>>  Now coming back to your problem, I still don't understand If you want
>>> the header files into the rootfs or the *.ko files that are missing
>>>
>>> Take a look here on how to add some native development features to your
>>> image:
>>>

>>> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#ref-features-image
>

> The rootfs still does not contain .ko images. The minimal build seems to
> leave them out and I can seem to find an option to change that. Can I
> changed that with a recipe?

FSL Community BSP state the kernel modules as MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/conf/machine/include/imx-base.inc#n31

And core-image-minimal does not include RRECOMMENDS (only DEPENDS)

I don't remember if core-image-full-cmdline does include, so you
should double check it.

You can read more about the meaning of "EXTRA" "ESSENTIAL" "DEPENDS"
or "RRECOMMENDS" here:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.7.1/kernel-dev/kernel-dev.html#incorporating-out-of-tree-modules

Daiane