[meta-freescale] Trouble with i.mx28evk

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 14:47:04 PST 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 7:42 PM, Mark Lane <mark at 2100computerlane.net> wrote:

>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br>
>> wrote:

>>> Still better to do it outside using the toolchain. I'd likely use the
>>> toolchain and NFS to speed up the development process.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
>>> http://www.ossystems.com.br        http://code.ossystems.com.br
>>> Mobile: +55 (53) 9981-7854            Mobile: +1 (347) 903-9750
>>

>> As far as I know, He's trying to do this from windows with ubuntu running on
>> a vm to begin with. Who knows if he even has proper usb support from the vm
>> to the target. I will probably make a nfs build which I will used but at
>> this point I am trying to get him started with what he wants.

 I should be very crazy, because I see a lot of people developing linux
 kernel in a windows machine O.O

 Something I think is completely infeasible.

 Now coming back to your problem, I still don't understand If you want
the header files into the rootfs or the *.ko files that are missing

Take a look here on how to add some native development features to your image:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#ref-features-image

Daiane