[meta-freescale] Trouble with i.mx28evk

Mark Lane mark at 2100computerlane.net
Wed Feb 11 13:24:54 PST 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 4:13 PM, Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 7:09 PM, Mark Lane <mark at 2100computerlane.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Yeah but it doesn't include the kernel modules either. I need the kernel
> > source,  modules and the headers so our guys building support for some
> usb
> > devices can load and compile drivers against the kernel. They want to be
> > able to do it on the target. At least while they are working on it. When
> we
> > go to production, the drivers and other software will need to be part of
> the
> > build of course and development tools will be stripped.
>
> I have never seen such modules loading issue, so I will let someone
> else comment about it.
>
> Care to provide an example of a specific .ko that is not being loaded
> into the rootfs?

How about all. If I include the Oprofile support in the build I at least
get that .ko file but if I don't the kernel directory doesn't even exist.

> Which branch exactly do you use?

imx-linux, core-image-minimal with and without -dev but I don't know that I
check for the modules with a -dev build.

--
Mark Lane
Linux Systems Integrator