[meta-freescale] Trouble with i.mx28evk

Mark Lane mark at 2100computerlane.net
Wed Feb 11 13:09:23 PST 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 3:56 PM, Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 6:28 PM, Mark Lane <mark at 2100computerlane.net>
> wrote:
> > the file on the sdcard is the imx28-evk.dtb. My only real issue now is
> that
> > the full-cmdline build doesn't install the kernel modules on the image. I
> > don't need x11 so is there a way to boot with build with kernel modules
> > without having to copy them to the image. Also is there a way to define
> the
> > size of the rootfs?
>
> Never used this 'full-cmdline' build. Have you tried core-image-minimal?

Yeah but it doesn't include the kernel modules either. I need the kernel
source,  modules and the headers so our guys building support for some usb
devices can load and compile drivers against the kernel. They want to be
able to do it on the target. At least while they are working on it. When we
go to production, the drivers and other software will need to be part of
the build of course and development tools will be stripped.

--
Mark Lane
Linux Systems Integrator