[meta-freescale] gst1.0-fsl-codec support in Daisy

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 06:53:07 PST 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 12:39 PM, scerveau <scerveau at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Daiane and Otavio,
>
> I understand that its difficult to maintain the branch, that's why i wanted
> to have the status on this part.
> I was looking for a MP3 decoder for my platform using gstreamer1.0 and
> daisy.

MP3 decoder is not accelerated by hardware in any i.MX I can remember.
At least it is not in imx6 for sure.

Freescale does provide a "optimized" mx3 decoder, but I don't have
comparative numbers to know what is the optimization.

Would you be able to use the mainline mp3 decoder provided by
gstreamer community?

> Now i'm wondering if I should stick to daisy or dizzy.
> BTW i dont understand the freescale community branch.
> https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm/tree/dizzy/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer
> In this repo i cant see gst1.0-fsl-plugin.

You can enable it by adding a link for this on your local.conf:

MACHINE_GSTREAMER_1_0_PLUGIN_mx6q ?= "gst1.0-fsl-plugin"

Daiane