[meta-freescale] adding new IMAGE_CLASSES with meta-freescale

Aurele Traynard aurele.traynard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 02:55:39 PST 2015

Hello,

I'm trying to add a new image type (in my own layer), when I try to use
IMAGE_CLASSES it seems to be overriden by
./meta-fsl-arm/conf/machine/include/fsl-default-settings.inc.

to be clear :
If I set
IMAGE_CLASSES += "image_types_aurele"
IMAGE_FSTYPES += "aurelesdcard"
without modifying anything bitbake complains because "aurelesdcard" is
unknown (not clear because it displays python code but it complains about
IMAGE_CMD)

If I modify ./meta-fsl-arm/conf/machine/include/fsl-default-settings.inc
everything works.
the modification :
IMAGE_CLASSES += "image_types_fsl" (instead of IMAGE_CLASSES =
"image_types_fsl")

Did I missed something? Is there another way to add image types?
Thanks

Aurèle