[meta-freescale] imx6qsabresd tool chain creation

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Thu Feb 5 03:34:02 PST 2015

Hello Amit,

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 11:50 AM, Amit Chaudhuri
<amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a imx6qsabresd board straight out of the box from fsl.
> Following instructions from the
> getting started leaflet I've got to the point where I can boot to
> Linux so am turning attention to tool chain, so that I can add my own
> applications to the board.
>
> I thought as a starting point I would stick as close as possible to
> the formal release and so have
> used git clone git://git.freescale.com/imx/meta-fsl-bsp-release.git to
> obtain what I assumed would
> be the Yocto package from which the tool chain would be created.
>
> Sadly, the directory meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-fsl-arm/conf is
> empty so my attempts to source
> the fsl-setup script are failing due to invalid board type.  I can see
> why it fails, but am unclear where
> one gets the missing info from.
>
> Apologies if this is not the right place for this question.

I am biased but I'd like to suggest you to use the FSL Community
BSP[1] which has a much more up to date userspace set and has constant
bugfixes flowing to the system.

1. http://freescale.github.io

There are also some links useful for you to take a look:

http://freescale.github.io/doc/release-notes/1.7/index.html#the-differences-between-project-name-and-freescale-release-name
http://freescale.github.io/doc/release-notes/1.7/

Good luck :)