[meta-freescale] imx6qsabresd tool chain creation

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 05:50:52 PST 2015

Hi,

I have a imx6qsabresd board straight out of the box from fsl.
Following instructions from the
getting started leaflet I've got to the point where I can boot to
Linux so am turning attention to tool chain, so that I can add my own
applications to the board.

I thought as a starting point I would stick as close as possible to
the formal release and so have
used git clone git://git.freescale.com/imx/meta-fsl-bsp-release.git to
obtain what I assumed would
be the Yocto package from which the tool chain would be created.

Sadly, the directory meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-fsl-arm/conf is
empty so my attempts to source
the fsl-setup script are failing due to invalid board type.  I can see
why it fails, but am unclear where
one gets the missing info from.

Apologies if this is not the right place for this question.

Regards,

Amit