[meta-freescale] preempt_rt patch for 3.14.26

Jacob Kroon jacob.kroon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 23:05:13 PST 2015

Hi Daniel,

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 7:44 AM, Daniel C. A (NESTIT) <
daniel.ca at nestgroup.net> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> I am trying to apply the preempt_rt patch for linux kernel v3.14.26 inside
> the YP Core - Dizzy 1.7.1 for i.MX6QSABRESD board.
>
> But, the preempt _rt patch is not available for the above kernel version
> from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/
>
> Is the preempt_rt patch included as part of the linux kernel v3.14.26. How
> can I apply this patch on kernel v3.14.26?

Try with either

https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/3.14/older/patches-3.14.25-rt22.tar.gz

or

https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/3.14/older/patches-3.14.28-rt25.tar.gz

No, the entire rt-patchset has not been merged into mainline. The 3.14.xx
versions are stable releases with bugfixes.
The rt-patchset touches core kernel functionality, so there are good
chances that you can succesfully apply a 3.14.xx rt patch
on top of 3.14.yy release, just try one as close as possible.

/Jacob