[meta-freescale] "No GSettings schemes are installed on the system" error when running gnome-bluetooth on i.MX6Q SABRE SD

Alvin D.M. DIZON adm.dizon at pciltd.com.sg
Mon Feb 2 02:25:14 PST 2015

Hello everyone,

I bitbaked the recipe "gnome-bluetooth", which produced four binaries, namely bluetooth-applet, bluetooth-properties, bluetooth-wizard, and bluetooth-sendto. I added "gnome-bluetooth" to the fsl-image-x11 recipe via IMAGE_INSTALL and flashed its .sdcard file to my SD card. When I typed "bluetooth-applet" on my i.MX6 SABRE SD board, the error appeared:

"GLib-GIO-ERROR: No GSettings schemes are installed on the system. Trace/breakpoint trap"

The same error also appeared when I tried to run bluetooth-properties. Strangely enough, the remaining two binaries bluetooth-sendto and bluetooth-wizard can start. I was wondering if anyone has used the gnome-bluetooth manager for their board, and if anyone also encountered the same error. I know I did a mistake somewhere in the process, but I would appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction. BTW,  my host platform is an x86 64 bit PC with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

Thank you!
[PCI]

  Innovative Manufacturing Solutions. Professionally Delivered!

The information contained in this email is confidential and is intended for addressee(s) only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the originator immediately. Nothing in this email shall constitute an offer or acceptance leading to a legally binding contract which shall only arise from a formal written agreement between yourselves and ourselves in the form of a Purchase Order issued by us and accepted by you in writing. For the avoidance of doubt, this email shall not be construed in any way as a formal written agreement. We accept no liability for any damage arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being passed on. Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail.