[meta-freescale] Touch events not reviving with wayland-ivi-extenssion 1.4.0 and wayland video sink

Vikas Patil vikasmpatil at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 07:23:09 PST 2015

I am hitting else part of below code for this issue. Any ideas?

touch_grab_down() from ivi-input-controller.c

 /* Touches set touch focus */
        if (grab->touch->num_tp == 1) {
            if (surf == grab->touch->focus->surface) {
                surf_ctx->focus |= ILM_INPUT_DEVICE_TOUCH;
                send_input_focus(seat->input_ctx,

interface->get_id_of_surface(surf_ctx->layout_surface),
                                 ILM_INPUT_DEVICE_TOUCH, ILM_TRUE);
            } else {
                surf_ctx->focus &= ~ILM_INPUT_DEVICE_TOUCH;
<----------------------------------------------------------
                send_input_focus(seat->input_ctx,

interface->get_id_of_surface(surf_ctx->layout_surface),
                                 ILM_INPUT_DEVICE_TOUCH, ILM_FALSE);
            }
        }

        /* This code below is slightly redundant, since we have already
         * decided only one surface has touch focus */
        if (!(surf_ctx->focus & ILM_INPUT_DEVICE_TOUCH))
            continue;
<-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks & Regards,
Vikash

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Vikas Patil <vikasmpatil at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry. Forgot to attach the log file. Attached here.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Vikas
>
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Vikas Patil <vikasmpatil at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Eugen Friedrich
>>
>> Thanks a lot for your quick reply.
>>
>> Attached here the file with WAYLAND_DEBUG=1 log when the gstreamer
>> plug-in is in use. I can see "ivi_input at 18.input_focus(90, 4, 0)" for
>> the surface from plug-in but no touch events.
>>
>> Here is the output of APIs
>>
>> root at linux-9939-a1:~# LayerManagerControl get input device default capabilities
>> failed to get surface context in ilmControl
>> failed to get surface context in ilmControl
>> failed to get surface context in ilmControl
>> failed to get surface context in ilmControl
>> failed to get surface context in ilmControl
>> pointer
>> keyboard
>> touch
>>
>> root at linux-9939-a1:~# LayerManagerControl get surface 90 acceptance
>> Interpreter error: 'acceptance' not recognized.
>>
>> root at orinoco-9939-a1:~# LayerManagerControl get input devices with all
>> failed to get surface context in ilmControl
>> failed to get surface context in ilmControl
>> failed to get surface context in ilmControl
>> failed to get surface context in ilmControl
>> failed to get surface context in ilmControl
>> default
>>
>> root at linux-9939-a1:~# LayerManagerControl get input focus
>> failed to get surface context in ilmControl
>> failed to get surface context in ilmControl
>> failed to get surface context in ilmControl
>> failed to get surface context in ilmControl
>> failed to get surface context in ilmControl
>> surface 90:
>> surface 63:
>> surface 62:
>> surface 61:
>> surface 60: pointer keyboard
>>

>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Vikas
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 3:01 PM, Friedrich, Eugen (ADITG/SW1)
>> <efriedrich at de.adit-jv.com> wrote:
>>> Hello Vikas,
>>>
>>> Could you please add the WAYLAND_DEBUG=1 traces from you application, to see if the input events are reaching the client.
>>>
>>> Also the output of the following API would be helpful:
>>> ilm_getInputFocus,
>>> ilm_getInputDevices,