[meta-freescale] imx28evk based board moving from fido to jethro stopped to fully boot

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Mon Dec 14 06:13:40 PST 2015

On 12/14/2015 03:08 PM, justin chaise wrote:
> Hi, I am working with a board that is almost the same as the imx23evk,
> the imx28evk sibling.
> It seems that not all of our, MXS family, drivers were ported to the
> newer kernels.
> If fido booted and you saw a login on the lcd you may be in good shape.
>
> When you see the penguin logo that is the bootloader, u-boot,
> initializing the hardware.
> If the screen goes away after that; linux is not using or initializing
> the lcd. It may be using the serial port.
> First I would check the linux kernel command line switches in your
> device tree under chosen --> bootargs.
> Compare that to the settings you used with fido (linux-fslc 3.18?)
> Second check the boot arguments in u-boot. These settings will overwrite
> the command line switches from your device tree.
> I you can not type at the command line in u-boot, you can change the
> boot arguments in the code then recompile u-boot
> see (include/configs/mx28evk.h)
> I hope this starts you in the right direction.

It is definitively a good starting but it is even more puzzling:
- if uboot version changed from fido to jethro... it seems it is still
working since I can see the penguin logo
- the kernel didn't change. I'm using 4.1 in fido and jethro.

Anyway... I'll check in the direction you pointed.

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it