[meta-freescale] Touch events not reviving with wayland-ivi-extenssion 1.4.0 and wayland video sink

Vikas Patil vikasmpatil at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 03:56:34 PST 2015

Dear All,

I am using wayland video sink (i.e. imxeglvivsink) from
gstreamer1.0-plugins-imx [1] to play the video along with weston 1.8.0
and wayland-ivi-extenstion 1.4.0. I have modified “imxeglvivsink” to
have the ilm and touch input support [2]. Basically I am posting touch
events on GST bus and application want to have the touch can read the
messages and process the touch. This is working fine if I don’t load
the “ivi-input-controller.so”. If I load the “ivi-input-controller.so”
I am not able to get the touch event inside this plug-in. I have tried
setting touch input focus to the surface from this wayland video
plug-in using “LayermanagerControl” and ilm_setInputFocus” [3] but no
luck.

Also touch works fine even if I load “ivi-input-controller.so” with
other applications. So I suspect some modification are required to
”imxeglvivsink” [2] or “wayland-ivi-extension/weston”.

Do you know what might be going wrong? Could anyone here give some
suggestions/ideas to tryout and fix this?

Also “LayerManagerControl get surface 90 acceptance” doesn’t seem to
work for me. Any inputs for this?

I have tried modifying “gst_imx_egl_viv_sink_egl_platform_mainloop”
function in various ways but no luck and I think implementation is
correct (as it works well without ivi-input-controller)

Following is the platform setup and weston configuration.

i.MX6 Duallite
Linux 3.14.28
Weston 1.8.0 with (ivi-shell.so with fbdev backend and gal2d renderer)
Wayland-ivi-extension 1.4.0 (using ivi-controller.so, ivi-input-controller.so
gstreamer-imx plugin
QTwayland 5.4.2/Qt 5.4.2

Weston.ini contains:

[core]
shell=ivi-shell.so

[ivi-shell]
ivi-module=ivi-controller.so,ivi-input-controller.so
ivi-shell-user-interface=/usr/lib/weston/weston-ivi-shell-user-interface

[1] https://github.com/Freescale/gstreamer-imx/tree/master/src/eglvivsink
[2]See attached modified file “egl_platform_wayland.c” from imxeglvivsink
[3] http://wiki.projects.genivi.org/index.php/Getting_Started_with_new_Input_Handling_APIs

Thanks & Regards,
Vikash