[meta-freescale] gst-fsl-plugin fail to build in jethro

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Fri Dec 11 05:49:33 PST 2015

Hi,

I've been able to build working images for an imx28evk based board with
fido.
I'm trying to do the same with jethro.

release-notes/source/known-issues.rst
says
1. Fail to build imx-lib/imx-vpu/imx-test/gst-fsl-plugin when building
against linux-fslc

and that exactly what happens:

ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'gst-fsl-plugin' (but
/opt/yocto/jethro/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal.bb
RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)

I didn't know gst-fsl-plugin till I downloaded the source to see.
While I don't plan to use those features I'd feel more comfort to switch
to jethro knowing I could relay on them.

Is there a chance it is planned to be fixed?
If not, can somebody give me a short introduction to the problem to get
an idea if I can contribute and fix it?

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo