[meta-freescale] Qt 5.4 on Kontron SMARC sAMX6i

Nikita Yushchenko nyushchenko at dev.rtsoft.ru
Tue Dec 8 23:21:15 PST 2015

>> I have successfully got Qt 5.2.1 version running on Kontron SMARC sAMX6i
>> using the official Kontron Yocto patch. However, in order to use the newer
>> WebEngine component I need to upgrade to version 5.4. Anyone has some
>> experience building a newer version of Qt using SMARC?
>
> Kontron I don't. It would be nice if you could push them to send the
> modules for merging on meta-fsl-arm.

Upstreaming smx6 support was blocked about a year ago by u-boot
question. Smx6 u-boot is separate project inside Kontron, with unclear
status, probably with non-public code inside. It is not part of linux
BSP; I actually had only binary while working on BSP.

As far as I got from year-old discussion in list, target without u-boot
can't be added to meta-fsl-arm-extra.