[meta-freescale] Building Qt5 for i.MX6 tx6dl

Matthew Cattell matthew at thorio.net
Fri Dec 4 02:04:53 PST 2015

Hello,

I started using yocto quite recently and successfully built Qt5 for the
raspberry pi.

  In the last week I've been trying to get the same process to work to
build the eglfs backend for Qt5 for the karo TRITON-TX6DL. In all
attempts, the X server or the egl backend have failed to start when
invoking a Qt application such as qmlscene. Running eglfs results in a
segfault and attempting to open any of the applications in the X11
backend build of the Qt5 based demo results in a GL error with no useful
debug output, even after setting the debug environment variable for Qt.

I have tried following the steps here:
http://wiki.wandboard.org/index.php/Building_Qt5_using_yocto_on_Wandboard

and this gets me the closest to a working environment for the board - it
just means the eglfs graphics won't work for graphical apps. The rest of
Qt seems to be fine.

Also, the recent master build of yocto doesn't work at all since the
patched ka-ro kernel that I've been using is 3.16 and this is not
compatible with gcc5. What am I to do since I don't know which commits
to cherry pick in order to get the recent changes that might fix the
problem.

Searching for other similar problems potentially experienced by other
users resulted in this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20020898/qt-on-i-mx6-with-platform-eglfs-segmentation-fault

This appears to be related to the binaries required by the galcore
kernel driver.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thankyou