[meta-freescale] Flicker with splash when using /dev/fb1 with weston and linux 3.14.28

Vikas Patil vikasmpatil at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 06:42:45 PST 2015

Hi All,

To have the splash screen use-case, I am using /dev/fb1 for
splashscreen (using linux logo feature with fbcon driver) and fb0 for
weston (--device=/dev/fb0 and --tty=1 with GAL2D renderer
and fbdev backend). With this I am seeing a little flicker when splash
screen getting displayed.

Sequence is like: power on--> splash (ok) ---> flicker ---> splash
(ok) ---> weston screen

Platform: based on i.MX6 duallite
Linux: 3.14.28
weston 1.8.0

Any inputs/suggestion how could I fix this?

Thanks & Regards,
Vikas