[meta-freescale] using openGL via SW

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 09:26:57 PDT 2015

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 12:46 PM, Nikolay Dimitrov <picmaster at mail.bg> wrote:
> Hi Daiane,
>

> On 08/28/2015 05:53 PM, Daiane Angolini wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 11:02 AM, Prabhu S <prabhusundar at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thats sounds like poky bug. BSP layer should not cause problem I hope.
>>

>> Do you know if there is any kernel (3.14) pieces I should double check?
>>
>> I don't have any DRI on my DISTRO_FEATURE (because I'm using default one)
>>

>> Daiane

> About the 1st issue - it seems that mesa and mesa-gl are pulled-in at
> the same time, both providing virtual/mesa, thus the error message.
>
> The reason is that core-image-x11 pulls-in the mesa-gl explicitly,
> instead of using virtual/mesa (which I guess is the proper behavior).

Only because I'm not pretty sure I full understand this topic:

When I add "mesa" I get to a image and RGB error
When I add "mesa-gl" I get a build error.

So, I think I understand what you're saying, but instead of "mesa-gl"
being explicitly added, it's "mesa".

And, I don't know mesa or mesa-gl, but the their description is that
mesa has mesa-gl. Or in other words, mesa has everything mesa-gl has,
and mesa-gl has only a sub-set of what mesa has. That, for me it's
pretty OK as I don't care using mesa

However, it's weird (to me, a person who don't know mesa, or openGL
and her sisters) that this does not work out-of-box. It makes me think
I'm missing some kind of -egl or a DISTRO_FEATURE, or a kernel module
(because it's 3.14)

Maybe, another option would ask upstream in poky/OE ML. =(

Daiane