[meta-freescale] using openGL via SW

Nikolay Dimitrov picmaster at mail.bg
Fri Aug 28 08:46:22 PDT 2015

Hi Daiane,

On 08/28/2015 05:53 PM, Daiane Angolini wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 11:02 AM, Prabhu S <prabhusundar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thats sounds like poky bug. BSP layer should not cause problem I hope.
>
> Do you know if there is any kernel (3.14) pieces I should double check?
>
> I don't have any DRI on my DISTRO_FEATURE (because I'm using default one)
>

> Daiane
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 8:32 AM, Daiane Angolini <daiane.list at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I've tried:
>>>
>>> ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide
>>> virtual/mesa
>>> (/code/yocto/master/sources/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa-gl_10.6.3.bb
>>>
>>> /code/yocto/master/sources/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa_10.6.3.bb).
>>>   This usually means one provides something the other doesn't and should.
>>> ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide
>>> virtual/libgl
>>> (/code/yocto/master/sources/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa-gl_10.6.3.bb
>>>
>>> /code/yocto/master/sources/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa_10.6.3.bb).
>>>   This usually means one provides something the other doesn't and should.
>>>
>>> Even if I clean tmp or  mesa
>>>

>>> Daiane

About the 1st issue - it seems that mesa and mesa-gl are pulled-in at
the same time, both providing virtual/mesa, thus the error message.

The reason is that core-image-x11 pulls-in the mesa-gl explicitly,
instead of using virtual/mesa (which I guess is the proper behavior).

You can verify this:

bitbake -g core-image-x11
grep core-image-x11 pn-depends.dot | grep mesa-gl

Regards,
Nikolay