[meta-freescale] New HW to U-boot and Yocto to support it

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 04:54:23 PDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 4:52 AM, Keskinarkaus, Teemu
<Teemu.Keskinarkaus at maximatecc.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We have imx6 based HW and so far I’ve been using the develboard (sabresd) to
> simulate it and do software development.
>
> Now I want to make U-boot(kernel and rest is not the problem atm) support
> that hw directly without modifying the existing hw. I used the mx6sabresd as
> a based and copied/modified stuff to my hw name. I can execute following
> command in u-boot src dir: make myhw_defconfig and u-boot it setup.
>
> Then in my machine config in Yocto I’ve setup following (copied from
> mx6sabre again):
>
> UBOOT_CONFIG ??= "sd"
>
> UBOOT_CONFIG[sd] = "myhw_config,sdcard" (I tried defconfig here, but no
> change)
>
> UBOOT_CONFIG[mfgtool] = "myhw_config"
>
> This causes following problems:
>
> | In file included from /
> yocto/build/tmp/work/vit-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-fslc/v2014.10+gitAUTOINC+5fd0b607d0-r0.20/git/include/common.h:18:0:
>
> | include/config.h:6:22: fatal error: configs/.h: No such file or directory
>
> |  #include <configs/.h>

Have you already double checked if this isn't a typo on your file?

Maybe email app only messed your text, but looks like typo to me.

> So obviously the config doesn’t transfer to U-boot when using Yocto system
> to compile U-boot. Also autoconf files are missing etc.
>
> Seems that it might be Yocto side problem more than U-boot since there
> really isn’t much on U-boot when adding new board there. Any idea what might
> be the problem? I’m running out of ideas. Being debugging this issue for few
> hours already.
>
> I tried to search for how-to documents how to add new hw to u-boot and I’ve
> basically done all the steps already so that’s why I’m assuming that it
> might be Yocto side problem.

In order to isolate if this is a yocto problem or not. You can build
u-boot using a stand alone toolchain instead. As soon as you have it
working you start to integrate it on yocto. This way you are sure
u-boot source code is ok.

Daiane