[meta-freescale] Questions on adapt yocto to a custom board

andrea at perpic.it andrea at perpic.it
Fri Aug 7 00:24:25 PDT 2015

Hello Daiane,

Thank you I got the file.
As per the other guide there is a reference to <UBOOT_DIR>/boards.cfg
that file is not present in my u-boot dir.
if I do bitbake -c devshell virtual/bootloader I get:
tmp/work/av_imx-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-fslc/v2014.10+gitAUTOINC
+5fd0b607d0-r0/git

I see that I was using u-boot-fslc and not a u-boot-imx as stated in the
guide. Adding
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/bootloader = "u-boot-imx" in local.conf
changed the bootloader to u-boot. there's no reference to imx in the
path
tmp/work/av_imx-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot/v2013.07+gitAUTOINC
+62c175fbb8-r0/git
but I have a boards.cfg

What is the difference from the two bootloader versions? Why should I
choose one instead of the other? And... It's the right one? as written
in the guide?

thank you
Andrea