[meta-freescale] Qt5CinematicExperience with 3.14.38 beta?

randy randy.krakora at freescale.com
Thu Aug 6 13:53:05 PDT 2015

Running Qt5CinematicExperience with imx6dq+ 3.10.38 beta, but I get this:

root at imx6qpsabreauto:~# Qt5_CinematicExperience -platform wayland
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the
Qt platform plugin "wayland".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
/usr/bin/Qt5_CinematicExperience: line 4:   710 Aborted
/usr/share/cinematicexperience-1.0/Qt5_CinematicExperience $*

All I did was add this to my local.conf file:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " cinematicexperience "

I assumed it would pull in all the necessary pkgs, but apparently
something is missing. Does anyone have experience with this ( maybe with
a previous BSP/imx6 ) that they can share?

Regards,
Randy Krakora