[meta-freescale] help with linux-fslc 3.18.7 stops at "Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel"

justin chaise justinchaisejmc1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 07:24:11 PDT 2015

Hello all, I hope this is the correct mail list.
If some one could take some time and read all of this I would be very grateful.

linux-fslc 3.18.7
u-boot-fslc

PROBLEM:
I can not get past "Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel".

MY GOAL:
My goal is to load a tiny operating system to DRAM, so that I can burn
the NAND through the USB port.
(something like Manufacturing tools).
Prototypes only have recovery mode accessible, and can only be loaded
by recovery mode. Boot mode is hard-wired in NAND configuration.

DEBUG PORT OUTPUT:   NOTICE ALL TEST ARE USING 8 MEG DRAM MODEL
U-Boot 2015.04 (Jul 17 2015 - 15:33:27)

CPU:   Freescale i.MX23 rev1.3 at 454 MHz
BOOT:  NAND
DRAM:  8 MiB
MMC:   MXS MMC: 0
MMC0: No card detected!
MMC init failed
Using default environment

Video: MXSFB: 'videomode' variable not set!
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
Kernel image @ 0x40400000 [ 0x000000 - 0x07eb10 ]
## Flattened Device Tree blob at 40700000
   Booting using the fdt blob at 0x40700000

Starting kernel ...

Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.
After waiting for several minutes I have no additional output. In
addition I have noticed the HID sb_loader has not disconnected.

Questions:
* Is the small 8 MEGS of DRAM causing the MMU to not operate correctly?
* Is the MMU altering my DRAM MMU clock? ( I had to set to EMI 96 Mhz
for DRAM stability in U-boot.)
* Why would the MMU appear to crash?
* Is the .config file wrong?
* Is there a Setting incorrect in my DTS file? ( I do not think the
DTB is used before /init/main.c )

Please help me find a solution to my issues here. I should to tell you
that I have been working on this for a
few months now without resolve. I have tried to figure things out
myself, but I guess I really need help. I am new to embedded products
and the linux operating system.

Ideas, Comments or Documentation are very welcome.
I have read and reread so much information, if could be specific as to
the chapter or section that would help me.
Please any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanking you very considerately in advance.
jc__

I have included links to my files so that you may look at them.
---------------------------------------
* this file - help question
** mxs_help.txt
*** https://www.dropbox.com/s/tu1nf78ldn72lon/mxs_help.txt?dl=0