[meta-freescale] [ANN] meta-freescale now open for community participation

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Tue Aug 4 18:50:30 PDT 2015

Hello folks,

Since the meta-freescale[1] draft was announced by Lauren, we have been
working on a more polished source code[2], which includes the Git history
of both layers (metal-fsl-arm and meta-fsl-ppc, master branch), which is
closer to being a usable one.

1.
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2015-June/014437.html
2. https://github.com/Freescale/meta-freescale

Essentially it is a single BSP layer which includes all product lines
(i.MX, Vybrid and QorIQ). For the end user it is a huge step to ease code
sharing. It is important to have this work shared across all the product
line users as soon as possible.

We need more users of all product lines working and testing the code
because the intention is to have a shareable workplace, and this is not
possible without massive community participation. We intend to have 1.9
deployed only on meta-freescale and stop meta-fsl-arm and meta-fsl-ppc
development.

Please send any comments to the meta-freescale mailing list.