[meta-freescale] Chromium layout rendering issue

Nikolay Dimitrov picmaster at mail.bg
Thu Apr 30 19:41:31 PDT 2015

Hi guys,

I'm testing Chromium v40 on dizzy for some weeks, and there's an issue
with the layout rendering - the renderer doesn't respect the widgets
sizes and draws them one over the other, instead of one next to the
other. This is most easily observed on google's search page where the
words in the upper text row gets squashed on the right, making one big mess.

This was observed on a customer board with tons of patches everywhere. I
tried to remove DV's gstreamer-imx patches from the chromium build to
see whether they trigger the behavior, but nope. I built a half-patched
dizzy for sabresd running pristine FSL kernel, still nope. Then I tried
unmodified fido on sabresd and the problem is gone.

So I have 2 questions:
1. The probability that someone knows what's the actual issue is close
to minus infinity, but at least did someone observed similar behavior?
If needed, I can snap photos to visually demonstrate the issue.

2. Chromium on sabresd & fido gave me at least 1 interesting warning
about GPU being frozen and pending reset in 10s. I haven't seen such
error, but this makes me highly concerned about porting my stuff to
fido. Did someone see such error messages?

Thanks in advance. Regards,
Nikolay