[meta-freescale] Bootstrapping Linux on an unsupported board using Yocto (Linux)

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Wed Apr 29 07:57:04 PDT 2015

Hello Marco,

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 11:37 AM, Marco Pensallorto
<m.pensallorto at bmate.it> wrote:
>  My boss asked me to evaluate the process of tailoring a yocto-based
> Linux distribution to support this iMX6 board:
> https://www.embedded-world.de/en/ausstellerprodukte/embwld15/product-1537794/bf8a1/
> we're using in a commercial project for an important customer.

On top of what Gary said, one thing which might be worth evaluating is
the option of using another and well supported board. The manufacture
providing you an image with 2009.08 U-Boot does not seem to be a
vendor with good customer support commitment.

There are several commercial and well supported boards[1] and I think
it may end to be cheaper than go over the porting process as you may
end needing vendor information which might not be available.

1. http://freescale.github.io/doc/release-notes/current/index.html#supported-board-list