[meta-freescale] Release testing

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 12:13:54 PDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 3:55 PM, Nikolay Dimitrov <picmaster at mail.bg> wrote:
> Hi Daiane,

Hi Nikolay,

> How did you tested the riotboard Yocto images for release? Did you have
> some formal procedures for this? I'll be happy to take advantage of
> your experience there.

I have two answers for your question.

1) riot
When I had the riotboard on my hands, I worked to get core-image-base
image up and running.
I made my mega-master-stability-test (find /) and it was OK (prompt is
alive after the command)

And then I submitted the patches. So actually, I made very very few
tests on the board support. Mainly because I was focusing on the board
inclusion only. Kernel mainline riotboard support was getting started.

2) release
Some releases ago, we performed release tests. I have a couple of
GDrive forms to guide the test.

We had very few engagement from the community, and for a number of
reasons the community decided the release test was not needed. Mainly
because:
* each kernel provider has its own test mechanism (for example,
Freescale has its internals procedures to test a kernel released)
* kernel.org is a self-testing project

We can rethink the release tests, in community, and reevaluate if the
tests make sense right now. Or not.
I can share with you the GDrive forms I used in the past (if you want,
please, contact me pvt, I need a gmail account).

In fact, it is a nice subject for next community meeting.

Daiane