[meta-freescale] Compiling weston

Keskinarkaus, Teemu Teemu.Keskinarkaus at Maximatecc.com
Fri Apr 24 00:41:07 PDT 2015

Hi,

Ah, forgot the whole command line options. Now I have picture! Thanks. Now I just need to make that patch for the display settings.

Teemu Keskinarkaus
Software system engineer

maximatecc
making machines smart, safe and productive

From: Heikki Sarkanen [mailto:heikki.sarkanen at tamtron.fi]
Sent: 24. huhtikuuta 2015 9:59
To: Keskinarkaus, Teemu; meta-freescale at yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: Compiling weston

Hi,

In my experience the screen should be configured properly for the kernel after that I haven't had any problems in Weston to recognize the resolution.

First you could try to pass it as kernel command line option, for example: "video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,1280x800M at 60,if=RGB24 ldb=sin0". More info: http://boundarydevices.com/configuring-i-mx6-machines-different-screens-nitrogen6x-sabre-lite/​

For more permanent configuration you could try modifying device tree, format and device tree support may vary depending on your kernel version. Here is one example: https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm-extra/blob/master/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-compulab-3.14.28/0054-ARM-i.MX6-dts-add-ldb-support-for-SBC-FX6-boards.patch

BR,
Heikki Sarkanen