[meta-freescale] Compiling weston

Keskinarkaus, Teemu Teemu.Keskinarkaus at Maximatecc.com
Thu Apr 23 03:02:41 PDT 2015

Hi,

Thanks. I got the wayland/Weston compiled with that! Thanks.

This next piece is bit of off-topic, but I'm sure someone doing this maybe end up having same problem.

I have display connected to connector marked LVDS0. I got the picture to it with X11 when I configured the screen being at /dev/fb4. Problem is that I'm not sure how to configure that in Weston. I created /.config/weston.ini (I checked that $HOME is set to / when Weston is being started) with output configured to LVDS0 and resolution being correct, but that didn't help. Debugging is also bit hard because Weston does not output anything. I can see that it's running (Weston-processes), but that's about it.

So couple questions. Where should I put the Weston.ini and how do I turn on the debug/info from Weston?

Teemu Keskinarkaus
Software system engineer

maximatecc
making machines smart, safe and productive

From: Heikki Sarkanen [mailto:heikki.sarkanen at tamtron.fi]
Sent: 22. huhtikuuta 2015 14:39
To: Keskinarkaus, Teemu; meta-freescale at yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: Compiling weston

Hi Teemu,

Adding Wayland isn't enough. You should also explicitly remove X11 and Framebuffer so the right Vivante GPU driver gets included for Wayland/Weston.

Try again in new build folder and add this line to your local.conf:
DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11 directfb"

These slides are for fsl-release-bsp, but most parts applies also for fsl-community-bsp, so check slide 49:
https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-104266

BR,
Heikki Sarkanen