[meta-freescale] [meta-fsl-arm-extra] Booting RIoTboard

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed Apr 22 14:37:40 PDT 2015

I've just built an image for the i.MX6DL/RIoTboard using the
latest master (fido).  I had to add this line to local.conf:
   MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS_remove_imx6dl-riotboard = "fsl-alsa-plugins"
as the fsl-alsa-plugins won't currently build with Linux-4.0

Now I'm trying to boot the image.  I've copied it to my SD card
and set the switches appropriately (I found two web pages about
this and they have conflicting information!  The answer seems
to be SW1-SW8=On/Off/On/Off/Off/On/Off/On)

I get the U-Boot prompt from the image I built (it has today's
date), but the SD card doesn't boot from there.  The default
boot commands seem to be looking for boot scripts, etc, but
there are none on the SD card, only a zImage and DTB file.

Is there some documentation, perhaps in meta-fsl-arm-extra,
that helps (and I've missed)??

Any help on how to boot this board would be appreciated.