[meta-freescale] Boot on eMMC

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Tue Apr 14 08:11:55 PDT 2015

On 2015-04-14 09:05, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:

>>> It depends if Boot Partition is enabled or not.
>>>

>> Is that an i.MX6 setting?
>
> No; it is eMMC 4.41 (or later) one if IIRC. There are some fields
> exposed in sysfs and also a mmc-utils package at meta-oe.

Interesting, I'll look at this but my boards have boot partitions:

mmc0: new high speed DDR MMC card at address 0001
mmcblk0: mmc0:0001 SEM32G 29.1 GiB
mmcblk0boot0: mmc0:0001 SEM32G partition 1 4.00 MiB
mmcblk0boot1: mmc0:0001 SEM32G partition 2 4.00 MiB
usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using ci_hdrc
mmcblk0rpmb: mmc0:0001 SEM32G partition 3 4.00 MiB
  mmcblk0: p1 p2
  mmcblk0boot1: unknown partition table
  mmcblk0boot0: unknown partition table

As I said, I install U-Boot directly to block 2 of the device,
not to any of the "boot" partitions.