[meta-freescale] Problem compiling QtWayland

Benjamin Federau benjamin.federau at basyskom.com
Fri Apr 10 06:44:21 PDT 2015

Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br> , 10.04.2015 14:49:

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 4:53 AM, Benjamin Federau
<benjamin.federau at basyskom.com> wrote:
> Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br> , 09.04.2015 19:46:
>
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Benjamin Federau
> <benjamin.federau at basyskom.com> wrote:
>> Ruben Morgade <rmorgade at arantia.com> , 13.10.2014 13:14:
>> I have this error with Qt 5.4.1 (meta-qt5 layer master branch with Yocto
>> dizzy) right now.
>>
>> Could you solve this build issue?
>
> We had some projects using Wayland and it worked fine. What issue you
> are having?
>

> The build of qtwayland stops with
>
> qtwayland/5.4.1-r0/qtwayland-opensource-src-5.4.1/src/hardwareintegration/client/xcomposite-egl/qwaylandxcompositeeglclientbufferintegration.cpp:142:67:
> error: cannot convert 'Display* {aka _XDisplay*}' to 'EGLNativeDisplayType
> {aka _FBDisplay*}' for argument '1' to 'void*
> eglGetDisplay(EGLNativeDisplayType)'
>      integration->mEglDisplay = eglGetDisplay(integration->mDisplay);
>
> and some more errors as you can see here
> http://pastebin.com/EbXsdiyF

Seems like your DISTRO_FEATURES setting is wrong.

This came also to my mind. I have added to my local.conf

DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11"

because otherwise the libwayland package from gpu-viv-bin-mx6q won't be build.

Further I thought using the recipes-graphics/images/core-image-weston.bb as a base for my image (recipt in my own layer) which sets

REQUIRED_DISTRO_FEATURES = "wayland"

is enough to enable wayland and it components (especially qtbase and qtwayland).

Do I have to set DISTRO_FEATURES += " wayland" explicitly in my .bb image file or do I miss something else?

Here you can find my image .bb file content:
http://pastebin.com/DUSzEi6L

-
Benjamin Federau